Monday 10 March 2014

Maths - Graphs

On Friday 7th March, we did Statistics with our question being "What is Room 16's favourite fruit".  Each child drew a picture of their favourite fruit and then we came together and shared what our favourite fruit is.  Then we stood and made a "human graph" to show our results.  
Watermelon had the most children say that it was their favourite fruit and the least favourite fruit were plum, pear, orange, mango, grape and passionfruit as only one child liked each one.
We've also been looking at words used in statistics, for example; most, least, tally marks, data, graphs, pie graphs, bar graphs, y axis and x axis.  

Below is a picture of our "human graph".




3 comments:

  1. Awesome work Room 16, my favourite fruit is Watermelon too!
    Keep up the awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your human graph Room 16! I would have chosen passionfruit for my favourite fruit! Well done on developing the language of Statistics too! Thank you for sharing your great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your human graph!! Watermelon is one of my favorite plus grapes! Have a look at our post about huarākau... I think our Room 24 favorite is everything :)

    ReplyDelete